This would be a pretty extensive change to the code, but needed if Magento is to stay fresh. jQuery is a much more robust and easy to use framework than Prototype, not to mention that it is much more actively developed for. Community support for jQuery far outweighs support for Prototype.
Useful Magento functions
Get the current store language code
$locale = Mage::app()->getLocale()->getLocaleCode();
Get user id of the current logged in user
Set the value ‘myValue’ to the session variable myVariable
If you are working with Magento for the first time you probably found yourself asking this question: Why are my products not showing up on homepage/category page?
So I made a list of reasons or things you should consider:
1. The most simple reason – your product’s status is disabled – set status to Enabled (General tab from your product details page)
2. Visibility - your product is not set as visible in the category page set Visibility to Category or Category, Search
3. Inventory problems
- your product is not on stock go to Inventory tab from your product details page and check if Stock Availability is set On Stock
- quantity – check if Qty from Inventory tab is greater then 0
4. Disable your cache or if it is you want it enabled refresh it from System > Cache Management
5. Reindex data from System > Index Management – Reindex Data