If you see a blank page opening your Store in browser, it indicates that there is a PHP syntax error somewhere in the code of your site. This usually happens when you modified files, templates or extensions manually, or installed a theme or extension with PHP syntax errors.
To see the actual error message you need to login via FTP to your Store and use the following instructions:
- Download the index.php file to your computer
- Edit the downloaded index.php file and uncomment (by removing leading hash character) the following code:
or insert this line somewhere at the top of the file.
- Upload the modified index.php file back (you can also rename original index.php to index.php.orig to be able to revert the changes)
- Refresh Magento Store page in your browser, you should see the PHP error message now
- find the solution for specific error message
Please do not forget to change ‘display_errors’ setting back when the issue is solved.
If the error report gives no clue, to solve the issue please use the following steps:
- Clean Magento cache, either using Flush Cache at System > Configuration > Cache Magement inMagento Backend or using Clean Cache button at Store settings in your Magenting panel
- Disable Magento Compiler at the System > Tools > Compilation screen
- One by one, disable recently installed modules at System > Configuration > Advanced > Advanced > Disable Modules output and flush Magento cache after each operation
- If you recently installed some theme, try to switch interface to previously used theme, and flush Magento cache
- Contact the Support Team, providing the error log record and URL, throwing the error report